Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS or BMS) are computer-based systems that help to manage, control and monitor building technical services such as heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, lighting etc. These systems are mostly used to monitor the energy consumption of devices used by the building in order to minimize the running costs of the elecromechanical services.
They provide the information and the tools that building managers need both to understand the energy usage of their buildings and to control and improve their buildings’ energy performance. A BEMS can efficiently control as much as 84% of a building’s energy usage.
The main advantages of such a system are the following:
- obtains convenience for residents by executing tasks rapidly and automatically
- creates a favorable environment for residents
- ensures efficient use and increased longevity of involved equipment
- contributes on the prevention of flooding, fire and thievery
- provides a controlled system with time schedule and performance ability
- leads to dramatic lowering of maintenance and servicing costs
- offers remotely monitor and control all areas through network
- obtains statistical and performance reports from each device to more optimize them
How it looks on the monitor